“I hate social media. I hate it all.”
I was on the phone the other day with a prospect when she completely stunned me with the above declaration.
With some gentle prodding, she went on to explain to me why she hated social media:
• Social media made her feel guilty; she felt like the train had already left the station and she was definitely NOT on it.
• She didn’t know who to listen to. She felt bewildered by the contradictory advice from all directions.
• She felt unsure of how to put together a winning strategy
• While she enjoyed certain social media in her personal life, she felt that social media was a complete time drain when it came to her business
• She was confused by all the different social media tools.
• She was not at all convinced that social media was worth the hassle or resources necessary to make it happen.
When I hear these comments, I wonder if social media isn’t just in the process of shooting itself in the foot. For as many cheerleaders as this exciting new medium might have, there are just as many out there who almost feel resentful of it.
What’s the solution?
If you are unsure about social media, here are three ingredients that might help you resolve your uncertainties:
Education: You will want to make sure that you understand the full potential and power of social media for your business-no matter what its size.
Organization: Simple organization is one of the best kept secrets about social media success. On the one hand, it is imperative to integrate your social media into your current marketing and communication efforts without sacrificing too much time or resources. On the other hand, you will need to have a rigorous approach to the creation […]